Distance Business Programme
Remote working or service has become a new trend against the backdrop of the epidemic. Under the Anti-Epidemic Fund, the Innovation and Technology Commission (ITC) has launched the Distance Business (D-Biz) Programme to support enterprises to continue their business and services through the adoption of IT solutions.
The D-Biz Programme will provide 100% funding support to qualified enterprises, subject to a cap of HK$100,000 per IT solution (related training expenses to be capped at 10% of solution cost) and HK$300,000 per enterprise. An initial payment of 30% of the approved funding amount is payable to a designated bank account after the application has been approved.
To facilitate enterprises to identify suitable IT solutions, we will provide Lists of IT Solutions and IT Service Providers for their reference, with a view to expediting processing time and benefiting the enterprises as soon as possible.
The List of IT Solutions will cover 13 categories of IT solutions for supporting distance business.
Examples of Distance Business Funding Scope
1. Online business
2. Online order taking & delivery, smart self-service system (such as online food ordering & delivery solution, smart lockers, smart kiosk, smart vending machine, etc.)
3. Online customer services & engagement (such as online ticketing, online booking system, CRM , virtual service delivery, online medical consultation etc.)
4. Digital customer experience enhancement (such as Chatbot, AI, AR / VR, Customer Analytics, etc.)
5. Digital payment / mobile POS
6. Online / cloud based Financial management system (such as electronic invoicing system)
7. Online / cloud based Human resources management system (such as electronic payroll system, employee self-service portal, talent management, online training system, online & location based attendance / clocking monitoring and reporting, employee leave management, employee reimbursement handling system, etc.)
8. Remote document management and cloud storage (such as shared drive) and remote access services (such as remote desktop control, Virtual Private Network, Virtual Desktop Infrastructure)
9. Virtual meeting & conference tool
10. Virtual team management & communications (such as collaboration tool, instant messaging platform, etc.)
11. Cybersecurity solutions (such as firewall, anti-virus / malware solution, etc.)
12. Other Online / cloud based business support system (such as ERP, e-application form and approval workflow, robotic process automation, etc.)
Eligibility, Application Tips & Application Process
All private enterprises (except listed companies, statutory bodies and NGOs funded by the Government), are eligible to apply. Qualified enterprise must have valid Business Registration Certificate with business commenced before 1 January 2020 and have substantive business operation in the related industry at the time of application.
This Programme is open for application from 4 May to 31 October 2020 for a period of six months.
*Details of the programme subject to change and the final announcement of the Hong Kong SAR Government. Information about the Distance Business Programme (D-Biz) on Allua website for reference only.
Proudly partnered with 300+ brands across 20 countries!